Forum

Go Back   FreestyleMTX - #1 in FMX > FreestyleMTX General

Old February 10th, 2009, 01:02 AM   #181
FULLER63

Send a message via AIM to FULLER63
its hard to wrap my head around the fact that he has passed on... its crazy, i just saw him a few weeks ago hangin out and now hes gone. im thankful that i got the chance to watch him ride while he was here. he has been an inspiration for me and my friends. RIP jeremy
FULLER63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM   #182
dagsomdestroyer
Galna Flap nivå

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASE View Post
I can't even explain the way I feel right now......Jeremy was a dude I looked up to a lot, he was constantly giving me grief telling me to put out more effort, and even when I was practicing at the contests he'd be out there on the course yelling at me telling me to keep trying tricks I was working on.....Not many athletes would do that. The last time I got to ride with him was out at Fitzpatrick's right before New Years, I had a buddy video us riding just to have some footage of Fitz's and riding with the boys. Never in a million years would I realize how much I was going to value the footage and that day of riding with Lusk, Potter, and the dudes. I think if everyone from this point on posted a memory they have of Jeremy, wether it be from a fans standpoint watching or a riding session with him, it would make this a lot easier on everyone. Instead of reading how sad everyone is we can remember the kick *** times that Lusk brought to us........
I agree...

Jeremy grew up a couple miles down the freeway from me and we rode the same track a bunch of times. You could tell he had determination and skills to be someone every time he swung his leg over the bike, and he did just that.

RIP Jeremy.
Attached Images

dagsomdestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM   #183
Tilt

the first time i met jeremy , me and clowers where out riding ocotillo. i knew the second i saw him ride he had talent.he was doing everything tommy was doing which i can't even do. i was lucky enough to watch him progress up through the ranks of freestyle. i saw him at anaheim 1 and got to watch the charger game in the knot hole club cheering for our home town sd chargers. at least the last time i saw him it was with a solid hand shake.

tilt
Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #184
rookie76

jeremy could rip one hell of a axel rose impression with a pool stick. he busted it out in mexico one time after a few beers and i felt like i was at a guns n roses concert.
rookie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #185
RedRider19
Moto-X Maniac Level

Send a message via AIM to RedRider19
Man, I haven't posted here in forever, but I've been following Jeremy's situation the best I could and to hear that he passed is really heartbreaking.

I've never met the guy, but from what I'm hearing he seems like a hell of a guy and a gentleman for sure. I remember first seeing him years ago, after coming out of seemingly nowhere and riding for Metz's old team I believe. Right off the bat he just started blowing me away, and before long he was dominating. One of the best riders in my eyes for sure.

I just ordered some wristbands and made a donation earlier today, I hope it can still help in some way...my condolences and best wishes to his family, friends, and anyone else affected...RIP Jeremy
RedRider19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #186
hondacrrulz3

well I have always watched Jeremy on tv and here and thinking how gifted he was on a bike. He did a lot for this sport and will truly be missed. The first live kod flip I've ever seen was courtesy of Jeremy.

I had the opportunity to meet Jeremy at an event in Redmond, OR a few weeks back. I was supposed to ride but had been off the bike for so long that I wasn't feeling comfortable enough to do so. So I hung out in the pits and looked on as a spectator. The second night after the event everyone went back to the condo where he was staying with the other mulisha guys and just hung out and had a good time. He was so relaxed and chill and an amazing rider on top of being an all around nice guy. Godspeed Jeremy Lusk.
hondacrrulz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #187
MikeyFMX

this is **** news. RIP LUSK!
MikeyFMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:16 AM   #188
hondacrrulz3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie76 View Post
jeremy could rip one hell of a axel rose impression with a pool stick. he busted it out in mexico one time after a few beers and i felt like i was at a guns n roses concert.

I had forgotten all about that! Jeremy was belting out Paradise city with a fire poker in Redmond the night I met him. Not to mention the stripper pole dance he put on for everyone the same night hahaha thanks for the memory jolt adam.
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #189
hondacrrulz3

Keep ridin them 2 smokes up there Jeremy! never give up the premix!
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:19 AM   #190
MyloFMX

like every one else has been saying, he was really motivated... not only for him to progress but for other riders to progress...

i was in costa rica and Jeremy, Tommy Clowers and myself went to breakfast on the day he crashed. He was talking about freeriding and how he loved to watch guys get their whip on over jumps... he said he gets pumped watching other guys do well...

and that's exactly how he was... willing to yell at you to get you to better yourself!
MyloFMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:22 AM   #191
bigtymer

i have know way to explain how i feel, i have lost a lot in my life and this wasn't what i wanted to hear. Lusk was one of the most fun people to hang out with and without a doubt the best rider in freestyle, beside all that all of us that knew him knows he will be missed i just cant believe it. I know how gnarly the spot is but we cant have this happen, this kid was a f**ckin awesome person and will be a huge impression on all of us. I wish i never would have to say it but rest in peace mr jermey lusk and i will see you when i get there. .. You will be more than missed as a rider and a good person. Love u man and my hopes and prayers go out to you, your family, friends, and the rest of the moto world. Godbless and see you when its time Jrowe
bigtymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #192
Cantrell

I met Jeremy when i was 15 years old.. I went to ocotillo with him and i had no clue who he was but he was going huge that day and i was just in awe. I was just starting in fmx and i wanted to ride like him. From then on ive been riding with him alot at Fitzpatricks and boost mobile shows.

I went to Corpus Christi Texas last year with Jeremy and it was way to windy to ride so we just kinda sat around making fun a carnies at the fair we were at.. I just remember him pullin down his pants and tucking his balls and weiner between his legs and mooning fat girls out the motor home window and Marc Burnett getting mad hahahahaha.. wow great times.

Miss you man and you will be missed greatly.

R.I.P.
Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:32 AM   #193
chuck

On the way back from a show in Tyler, TX, Jeremy got pretty tired in the back seat and decided to take a little snoozer.

While he was one of the toughest guys I've known, he also had a lot of heart.
Attached Images

chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #194
Flap

i cannot belive this. It was just last night, i was walking down the streets of Stockholm with my friend from the states, Kristjan, who grew up riding with Lusk. I was showing him around the city just as i did with Jeremy and Lauren last summer, being proud to have such badass people in my town. Every time i ran into them at events they always treated me good, alot of people rockstar me or whatever, that never happend with Jeremy. he was always cool to me and so was his wife. This is the saddest thing ive heard in a long time, im just in complete disbelief. Like Myles said on ESPN, Jeremy seems to be that unbreakable guy that always gets up and shakes it off.. Ive watched him do the gnarliest crashes and just get right back up.

The last time i met him was in Poland back in september, he was scheduled to ride in Stockholm again this spring, and i was super excited about having him here again- like i always am when badass people come to my home town.

I still cant belive that its true and i dont know what to say, but Rest in Peace Jeremy. I am excited beyond words that he had the year he had before this happend.. Talk about going out with a bang, and i mean that in the most respectful way i can possibly put it. He literly realized every dream that anyone can poissibly have; From marrying his high school sweetheart, to winning his gold medal at X games, to being the rider of the year.. I cant think of anyone else that really got to experience all of that.

RIP Jeremy Lusk, you will always be remembered as one of the best motocross riders that ever lived.
Flap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #195
sethkills83

RIP Jeremy Lusk!
sethkills83 is offline   Reply With Quote